Friday, October 19, 2007

JK Rowling In New Orleans

I like the Harry Potter series. I read the first three books and have seen all but the latest movie. My wife however buys the books the day they go on sale and has read the entire series 5 or 6 times.

Anyway, JK Rowling was in New Orleans yesterday and read the first chapter of the latest book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I think my wife would have loved to go see that.

A very cool side effect of that though is that Scholastic (the publisher) is donating 10,000 harry potter books to the New Orleans School system.

Scholastic, the U.S. publishers of the book also announced that they were donating 10,000 copies of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, the first book in the series, to Orleans Parish public school students as well as donating a complete set of the series to each public school and public library in New Orleans.


I hope they share some of those books with parishes around Orleans.

If you're interested, you can also see some pictures.

No comments: